Updated: Jun 28, 2019
A deliciously different take on the comforting classic. Topped with paprika infused breadcrumb and laced with tasty chipotle. Quick, easy and affordable!
Cooking time - 20 mins
You will need:
200g Dried Macaroni
200g Creme Fraiche
40g Panko Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
40g Chipotle Paste
80g Grated Mozzarella & Chedder Mix
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Oven Proof Dish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7
2. Boil a kettle
3. Add the dried macaroni to a pan of boiling water with a large pinch of salt and cook on a high heat for 7 minutes making sure the macaroni is still a bit bitey.
4. Meanwhile, mix the panko breadcrumbs with a drizzle of olive oil and the smoked paprika.
5. Drain the macaroni, reserving 300ml of the starchy pasta water.
6. Dissolve the vegetable stock in the reserved pasta water.
7. Add the drained macaroni to a pan along with the creme fraiche, tomato paste, chipotle paste, mozzarella and cheddar mix and the starchy pasta stock. Give it all a good stir and add a pinch of salt. This is your Chipotle Mac & Cheese.
8. Transfer your chipotle mac & cheese to your oven proof dish and top with the breadcrumb mix.
9. Put the dish in the oven for 10 minutes or until bubbling away with a nice crispy top. YUM!