Updated: Jul 3, 2019
Delicious, warming and so bloody cheap!
Cooking Time - 1 hour 10 minutes
You will need -
3 Sweet Potatoes
1 Red Pepper
2 x 400g Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed (I use frozen garlic to save pennies and waste)
2 Tsp Chilli Powder
2 Tsp Ground Cumin
2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 x Tin of Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce
1. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm pieces.
2. Deseed the rep pepper and chop into 2cm pieces.
3. Pop the sweet potatoes and red pepper into a large saucepan along with the chopped tomatoes and 500ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil.
4. Add the garlic, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Reduce the heat to a summer and put the lid on the pan. Cook for about 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. The sweet potatoes should be soft. Add the kidney beans and spinach and stir well until the spinach has wilted.
8. Serve with rice or mashed avocado with a sprinkling of paprika, my fave!